Photo Credit: Diane Tjerrild
PLAN YOUR VISIT
Come tour the peace and beauty of Shinzen and the Clark Bonsai Collection. With landscape views at every turn of the path, your stroll along the walkways is a pleasant and rewarding experience. Discovering the art of bonsai through the notable Clark Bonsai Collection and the sculptures created is a gift to your senses.
Shinzen is a place for exploration, learning, reflection, serenity and renewal. During your visit, please be respectful of the grounds and of other visitors who are enjoying the beauty and peacefulness of the Garden.
- Please stay on the paths provided.
- Enjoy the use of benches and seating areas throughout the Garden.
- Help preserve the Garden: do not climb on rocks, trees or shrubs. Do not collect plants, pick fruit or feed the wildlife.
- To retain the quiet and serenity, do not shout or play loud music. No running.
- Service animals are permitted. No pets allowed.
- Use of bikes and skateboards are prohibited.
- Active sports, including roller blading, Frisbee, fishing, swimming and ball playing are prohibited.
- Do not play or wade in the streams, waterfalls and ponds.
- Please disposes of trash in receptacles provided.
To enhance your experience, a self-guided map is available to explain the landscape, design of our North American Japanese Garden and highlight the special features and architectural elements throughout the five acres of Shinzen Friendship Garden.
The map is free to visitors. Please recycle the map at the end of your tour if you do not wish to take it home as a souvenir.
Docent Led Tours
Docent led tours are by Reservation Only. Advance notice of one week is required. Shinzen Gate Entry fees are included in tour cost. There is a $5 Woodward Park Entry/Parking fee payable as you enter the main park.
Private Group Tours
Private group tours are available by reservation during public and non-public hours. Tours are typically 45 minutes to 1 hour in length.
The Shinzen Friendship Garden is a great place for school group tours. Take your students on a discovery of Japanese art, culture, and garden design where they will learn about the history of Japanese gardens in North America and see the garden as a “living museum”.
Schedule Your Tour
To schedule your tour, please complete the information below to help us plan for your guided visit.
Under 4 yrs Free
4 – 14 yrs $1
15 yrs - Adult $5
Seniors 62+ $1
Family(2-5 people) $7
*Please note: Woodward Park entry/parking
fee per car: $5; $3 for seniors; $7 on holidays
Docent Led Tour:
Adults: $5 per person
Children (3 +): $3 per person
Note: Shinzen Gate Entry fees are
included in tour cost.
There is a $5 Woodward Park Entry/Parking fee payable as you enter the main park.
$3 per participant (student and adult). Minimum Cost $40.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 16178, Fresno, CA 93755-6178
© 2014 Shinzen Friendship Garden. All Rights Reserved. Registered 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization