Obtaining Your Photo Permit
Visitors are welcome to take casual photographs for personal use without a permit. The Photography Policies below are for all guests taking commercial photography.
STEP 1: FILL-OUT the PHOTO PERMITS FORM below.
STEP 2: Submit payment for your scheduled photo session.
STEP 3: Once your payment is submitted you will receive a confirmation email. Place the CONFIRMATION EMAIL either on your phone or print out a copy and bring it with you during your photo session in case a Shinzen Garden staff member requests to see confirmation.
- All Garden Etiquette applies. Please be respectful of all other visitors in the Garden.
- Do not enter water features, climb on fences, trees & rocks or block pathways.
- ONE SESSION PER PHOTO PERMIT ONLY. No combined or stacking of appointments under one permit.
- The changing of garments is to take place in the Restrooms adjacent to the Garden.
- Photography sessions are scheduled during normal Garden hours. This means there may be patrons enjoying the Garden during you session that are not part of your group.
- The Garden reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of any photo activity in the Garden and may choose to discontinue the photo session including if photo individual or group is not adhering to the any portion of the Garden Etiquette or Photo Policy.
- Absolutely no alcohol or parking on the grass areas is allowed in Woodward Park or in Shinzen Garden without a permit, subject to review.
- Shinzen Garden is a NO-FLY zone. Drones are not permitted in or near, with a safe zone of 500 feet distance, the Garden.
Photography Policy – Permits Required
- Our Garden is supported through events like these. Shinzen Friendship Garden is made possible by photo permits and private events. If you are using prosumer equipment like a tripod, lighting equipment, then you are required to get a photo permit.
- You are not required to get a photo permit if you are using a phone camera and/or a tablet camera.All organized professional commercial photography must make a reservation and obtain a paid photography permit.
Obtaining Your Photography Permit
- Complete the reservation request below or visit http://www.shinzenjapanesegarden.org/photo-permit.html.
- If your date and time is available, you will receive an availability confirmation email with instructions on how to submit payment.
- Payment must be posted in advance of your scheduled photo shoot date. Fee includes admission to Shinzen Garden for the photographer and the participants.
- Standard group size is 15 people; any additional participants are an additional fee.
- Bring confirmation to Shinzen Garden with you to submit to the Garden for permission/confirmation of your photo session.
- All minors (under 18y.o.) must be accompanied by a guardian or an adult.
Check-in and Photo Session
- Check-in at the Shinzen Gatehouse, showing your confirmation of your reservation which validates proof of payment.
- Late arrivals & walk-ins must complete in time approved. Extra photo session times must be approved by either Gate Staff or Shinzen Staff.
- Special requests are taken by appointment only.
- Reservations are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Any media production, electronic or print, wishing to use the Shinzen Garden for any commercial purpose must FIRST get advanced authorization prior to production.