In order to receive a photo permit...
STEP 1: Read the information and FILL-OUT the Photo Permit and Waiver & Indemnity forms below.
STEP 2: Depending upon availability, you will receive an email for REQUEST FOR PAYPAL PAYMENT link.
SPET 3: Once we receive your online payment you will receive a confirmation email. Place the CONFIRMATION email
either on your phone or print out a copy and bring it with you during your photo session.
Visitors are welcome to take casual photographs for personal use. The Photography Policies below are for all guests taking commercial photography.
- All Garden Etiquette applies, please be respectful of all other visitors in the Garden.
- Do not enter water features, climb on fences, trees & rocks or block pathways.
- The changing of garments is to take place in the Restrooms adjacent to the Garden.
- Photography sessions are scheduled during normal Garden hours. This means there may be patrons enjoying the Garden during your session that are not part of your group.
- Please be respectful of all other visitors in the Garden. Photo arrangements may not block walkways.
- The Garden reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of any photo activity in the Garden and may choose to discontinue the activity.
- The Garden reserves the right to terminate a photography session if any individual or group is not adhering to the Garden Etiquette or Photography Policies.
- Absolutely not alcohol or parking on the grass areas is allowed in the park or in the Garden without a permit, subject to review.
- Shinzen Friendship Garden is a NO-FLY zone. Drones are not permitted in nor around the Shinzen Garden.
Photography Policies for Commercial Photography – Permits Required
All organized professional commercial photography must make a reservation and obtain a paid photography permit.
Commercial Photography is defined as wedding, engagement, anniversary, memorial, birthday, quinceanera, graduation, proms, senior portraits, family portraits, or other posed photography of individuals by professional photographers/videographers. Commercial Photography is any photography/videography taken by an organization, such as a magazine, newspaper, or production company, in the Garden for commercial purposes.
Obtaining Your Photography Permit
- Complete the reservation request below or visit http://www.shinzenjapanesegarden.org/photo-permit.html.
- If your date and time is available, you will receive an availability confirmation email with instructions on how to submit payment.
- Payment must be posted in advance of your scheduled photo shoot date. Fee includes admission to Shinzen Garden for the photographer and the participants.
- Standard group size is 15 people; any additional participants are an additional fee.
- Bring confirmation to Shinzen Garden with you to submit to the Garden for permission/confirmation of your photo session.
- All minors (under 18y.o.) must be accompanied by a guardian or an adult.
Check-in and Photo Session
- Check in at Gatehouse, showing your confirmation of reservation.
- Shop proof of payment for group size.
- Late arrivals must complete session in time approved…no expansion of time.
- Special requests are taken by appointment only.
- Note: Reservations are subject to change duel to the unforeseen circumstances.
Any media, electronic or print, wishing to use the Shinzen Garden must FIRST contact the Garden 559.840.1264. Premise use for any purpose will be permitted ONLY with advance permission.