(April 1 - September 30)
M-F 4:00PM - 7PM
Sat/Sun/Holidays 10AM - 7PM
(October 1 - March 30)
Sat/Sun/Holidays 10AM - 4PM
Photo Credit: Kendyl Day
PHOTOGRAPHY AT SHINZEN FRIENDSHIP GARDEN
General Photography Policies:
• All Garden Etiquette applies, please be respectful of all other visitors in the Garden.
• Do not enter water features, climb on fences, trees & rocks or block pathways.
• The changing of garments is to take place in the Restrooms adjacent to the Garden.
• Photography sessions are scheduled during normal Garden hours. This means there may be patrons enjoying the Garden during your session that are not part of your group.
• Please be respectful of all other visitors in the Garden. Photo arrangements may not block walkways.
• The Garden reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of any photo activity in the Garden and may choose to discontinue the activity.
• The Garden reserves the right to terminate a photography session if any individual or group is not adhering to Garden Etiquette or Photography Policies.
• ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL OR PARKING ON THE GRASS AREA IS ALLOWED IN THE PARK OR GARDEN WITHOUT A PERMIT, SUBJECT TO REVIEW.
• Shinzen Friedship Garden is a NO-FLY zone. Drones are not permitted in or around the Shinzen Garden.
Photography Policies for Commercial Photography – Permits Required
All organized professional commercial photography must make a reservation and obtain a paid photography permit.
Commercial Photography is defined as wedding, engagement, anniversary, memorial, birthday, quinceanera, graduation, proms, senior portraits, family portraits, or other posed photography of individuals by professional photographers or videographers. Commercial Photography is also defined as any photography or videography taken by an organization, such as a magazine, newspaper, or production company, in the Garden for commercial purposes.
Any media, electronic or print, wishing to use the Shinzen Garden must FIRST contact the Garden at 559-840-1264. Premise use fo any purpose will be permitted ONLY with advance permission.
Any media, electronic or print wishing to utilize the Garden as a backdrop for a marketing piece (still photos or video) that will be used commercially or to the benefit of another organization must follow the same fee based process (noted above) as all other photographers wishing to use the Garden’s beauty as a backdrop to their artistic creation.
OBTAINING YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY PERMIT
• Submit a reservation request through the website by completing the form below with date and time of your event.
• Once your request is confirmed, you will be instructed to submit payment.
• Payment must be posted One Week in Advance: $50 for a one hour session, $80 for a two hour session. Two hour limit. Fee includes admission to the
Shinzen Garden for the photographer.
• Photography participants & guests must pay the Garden Entry fee.
• Limit of 15 people per photo session.
• Bring Photo Confirmation to Shinzen Garden with you to submit to the Gatehouse for permission/confirmation of your photo session.
• All minors (under 18) must be accompanied by a guardian or an adult.
Your Photo Session
• Check in at Gatehouse, showing your confirmation to be stamped by Staff.
• Payment of Garden Entry Fee by participants.
• Late arrivals must complete session in time approved…no expansion of time.
• Photography Sessions are scheduled during normal operating hours of the Garden.
Some special exceptions may be allowed if a Garden Representative is available.
Note: Reservations for photography sessions are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 16178, Fresno, CA 93755-6178
© 2014 Shinzen Friendship Garden. All Rights Reserved. Registered 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization