Photo Credit: Kendyl Day
PHOTOGRAPHY AT SHINZEN FRIENDSHIP GARDEN
Photography is an excellent way to reminisce on the beauty of your visit to the Shinzen Friendship Garden. In accordance, visitors are welcome to take casual photographs for personal use. The Photography Policies below are for all guests and for those individuals taking portrait and commercial photography.
General Photography Policies:
• All Garden Etiquette applies.
• Do not enter water features, climb on fences, trees & rocks or block pathways.
• The changing of garments is to take place in the Restrooms adjacent to the Garden.
• ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL OR PARKING ON THE GRASS AREAS IS ALLOWED IN THE PARK OR GARDEN WITHOUT A PERMIT, SUBJECT TO REVIEW
• Shinzen Friendship Garden is a NO-FLY zone. Drones are not permitted in nor around the Shinzen Garden.
• Events are scheduled during normal Garden hours. This means there may be patrons enjoying the Garden during your event that are not part of your group.
• Please be respectful of all other visitors in the Garden. Photo arrangements may not block walkways.
• The Garden reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of any photo activity in the Garden and may choose to discontinue the activity of an individual or group if the Garden Etiquette and Photography Policies are not observed.
Photography Policies for Portrait & Commercial Photography – Permits Required
The Shinzen Friendship Garden makes a beautiful setting and backdrop for formal photography. All organized professional or non-professional, portrait, and commercial photography must make a reservation and obtain a paid photography permit.
Portrait Photography is defined as wedding, engagement, anniversary, memorial, birthday, quinceañera, graduation, proms, senior portraits, family portraits, or other posed portraiture of individuals by professional photographers/videographers or by amateurs acting in the role of the professional.
Commercial Photography is defined as any photography or videography taken by an organization, such as a magazine, newspaper, or production company, in the Garden for commercial purposes.
Local television networks and print media wishing to use the Shinzen Garden as a backdrop for a photo, to ‘go-live’, or to collect b-roll to add to a story must FIRST contact the Garden at 559-840-1264. Footage will be permitted ONLY with advance permission. If any media attempts to access the Garden for free without prior permission, entrance will be denied.
Any media, electronic or print wishing to utilize the Garden as a backdrop for a marketing piece (still photos or video) that will be used commercially or to the benefit of another organization must follow the same fee based process (noted above) as all other photographers wishing to use the Garden’s beauty as a backdrop to their artistic creation.
OBTAINING YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY PERMIT
• Submit a reservation request through the website by completing the form below with date and time of your event.
• Once your request is confirmed, you will be instructed to submit payment.
• Payment must be posted One Week in Advance: $50 for a one hour session, $80 for a two hour session. Two hour limit. Fee includes admission to the
Shinzen Garden for the photographer.
• Photography participants & guests must pay the Garden Entry fee.
• Limit of 15 people per photo session.
• Bring Photo Confirmation to Shinzen Garden with you to submit to the Gatehouse for permission/confirmation of your photo session.
• All minors (under 18) must be accompanied by a guardian or an adult.
Your Photo Session
• Check in at Gatehouse, showing your confirmation to be stamped by Staff.
• Payment of Garden Entry Fee by participants.
• Late arrivals must complete session in time approved…no expansion of time.
• Photography Sessions are scheduled during normal operating hours of the Garden.
Some special exceptions may be allowed if a Garden Representative is available.
Note: Reservations for photography sessions are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 16178, Fresno, CA 93755-6178
© 2014 Shinzen Friendship Garden. All Rights Reserved. Registered 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization